Every manufacturer gives you a warranty, generally for 1 year. Now you can extend this warranty for another 4 years through Viveks Extended warranty. So that you are fully protected from the cost of repairs or replacements in the event of a mechanical or electrical failure. Our Extended Warranty is available across all product categories and brands.
Viveks Extended Warranty - Special Features
- 100% coverage on parts and labour costs on parts covered under the warranty
- Support of qualified and authorised technicians year round
- Guaranteed original spare parts
- Freedom from uncertainty of unauthorised repairs
- Coverage that matches a product's life cycle
- Viveks world-class brand equity and dependability
So, make sure you subscribe to peace of mind. Today!
Cost of removal or re-installation of the Product:
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes.
- Problems or defects not covered under the original Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee. Batteries, internal or external to the Product.
- Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to Products.
- Recalls or modifications to the Product.
- Failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Costs arising from incorrect installation, modification or maintenance.
- Costs if no fault is found with the Product.
- Costs arising from being unable to use the Product or from damage which results from the Breakdown of the Product.
- Commercial usage except product used in rental property, as identified in the Service Contract. Damage/failure caused before or during Product delivery.
- Use of batteries, charger and/or accessories not approved by the manufacturer, incorrect electrical leads or connection.
- The cost of repairing, restoring or reconfiguring computer software.
- We are not responsible for any consequential or incidental damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Product. Your and the customer’s statutory rights are unaffected.
How to Claim:
If Your covered Product does not work:
- Check the Product user manual/handbook to make sure the controls are properly set and check the fuse in the plug;
- Check whether you are covered under the terms and conditions of the contract;
- Contact Us on 91-44-42131616 within 7 days of the occurrence of the Product failure and We will make the appropriate arrangements to resolve the problem.
- If the Product is portable, You may be asked to take it to the nearest repair centre.
- We will need to see this document to proceed with the repair. Please note that no Claim will be entertained in the absence of the Original invoice.
Important Conditions related to Claims:
- All repairs must be made by our authorized repair agents.
- This Service Contract will be canceled in the event of Your fraud, attempted fraud, or non-disclosure of any changes that affect this contract and no refund of Service Contract fee will be due to You.
- You must comply with the claims procedure set out in the “How to Claim” section above. We will not organise any repairs or make any payment under this Service Contract if You fail to comply.
- If at the time of any failure/damage to the covered Product, the Product is covered in part or full by any insurance either by the proposer or any other person, this Company shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than its rateable proportion of such loss, failure or damage.
- You may cancel this Contract within 15 days of purchase of Service Contract. After the expiry of 15 days, no cancellation and refund will be permitted.
- To cancel Your Service Contract, simply return Your Original invoice along with a notice of cancellation to the store from where You purchased this Service Contract.
- We may cancel the Contract at any time by giving You 15 days’ notice in writing to Your last known address. You will be eligible for a pro-rata refund of the fee You paid.
- In the event of theft, fraud, sale or return of the Product to Us, We will cancel this Service Contract with no refund.
Domestic Electrical/Electronic Products - Includes Products such as Colour Televisions, Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Music Systems, Air-conditioners, Microwave Ovens or any other Product that may be included from time to time.
Product/Products - The Products should be for domestic & personal use only and not be used for commercial, rental or profit generation purposes excluding computing products for small office/home office use.
Official Channels — Manufacturer, Manufacturer's subsidiary company, Authorised Dealer/ Distributor appointed by the Manufacturer or its subsidiary located within India.
Normal Operating Condition — Ability of the Product to perform its specified function subject to the acceptable level of change in performance due to aging or climatic conditions. The acceptable level of change for this purpose will be as per the respective manufacturer's specifications.
Normal Use - Use of the Product in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines for Product usage including, but not limited to, regular maintenance & upkeep of the Product, usage of specified protection devices such as voltage stabilizer.
Breakdown - The mechanical and/or electrical defects and/or failure of a product that causes it to not function in its intended manner.
Covered Breakdown - Breakdown covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee during the Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee period. The Covered Breakdown will vary for each product in accordance with the Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee for the said product.
Carry-in basis - The Product has to be carried/transported to the designated repair center by You at Your cost.
In-home basis - The repair technician will visit the premises where the Product has been installed to provide the repair service.
Call out charges - Charges payable for arranging the repair technician to visit the premises where the Product has been installed.
Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee - The original warranty/guarantee given by the respective Manufacturer in respect of a Product.
Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee Period - The uninterrupted period of the Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee cover as stated in the original official Manufacturer’s Warranty/ Guarantee certificate or publication.
We, Us, Our, Retailer - Vivek Limited, with an office located at 144, Royapettah High Road, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004. India.
You, Your - The Service Contract holder.
This Service Contract is a contract between You, the Service Contract holder and Us, The retailer (hereinafter called the “Company”). Your Original invoice, this Service Contract booklet and the information provided by You form the contract between You and Us.
In consideration of the Service Contract fee paid by You, We will provide the cost of repair for the Covered Breakdown of Your Domestic Electrical/Electronic Product as mentioned in the Service Contract, during the period of Service Contract, subject to the terms, conditions, exceptions and limitations contained herein or endorsed hereupon in future.
Service Contract Benefits:
Mechanical and Electrical Breakdown to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty for Domestic Electrical/Electronic Products manufactured in India or is legally imported in India & sold through Official Channels supported by an invoice & Manufacturer's Warranty/ Guarantee.
The Extended Warranty cover commences on the expiration of the Manufacturer's Warranty/ Guarantee period and is for a period mentioned in the “Service Contract Details” section of this Service Contract.
Any Product failure arising before the commencement of the Service Contract period, i.e. during the Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee period or after the expiration of the Service Contract period will not be covered by this Service Contract.
This Service Contract covers specific models of Domestic Electrical/Electronic Products and any other Product that we include from time to time. For the complete and updated list of Products & models covered, please call Viveks Service Centre at 91-44-42131616.
What We Cover:
- Company will organize for repairs to Normal Operating Condition, or replace at our discretion a covered electrical/electronic Product after it has suffered a Covered Breakdown during Normal Use.
- This Service Contract covers the cost of parts and labour for all Products on a Carry-in basis and Call out charges for In-home service (where applicable) on certain non-portable Products. You will be advised on the coverage provided when You report the failure/claim.
- If a repair will cost more than the purchase price of a replacement, we have the right to replace the product with a new equivalent model with similar specification, not to exceed the original purchase price You paid for the Product.
- Should a replacement model not be available, You will be given a monetary refund not exceeding the original purchase price of the insured Product. This decision will be at our sole discretion.
- In the event of Product replacement or monetary refund, this coverage under the Service Contract will prematurely terminate with no refund of fee & the Product becomes our property.
- We are not responsible for any consequential or incidental damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Product. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- This Contract is valid only in India on Products which are purchased and repaired within India.
Conditions of Cover:
- This Service Contract may only be purchased within 30 days of delivery of a covered Product and is only valid if:
- The Product is manufactured in India or is legally imported in India & sold through Official Channels supported by an invoice & Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee.
- The Product is purchased new from the Manufacturer's authorized dealer/distributor and is supported by the Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee of not less than 12 months and not exceeding 36 months.
- The Product should be for domestic and personal use only. Cover is not valid on Products intended for commercial, rental or profit generation purposes excluding computing Products for small office/home office use.
- The Product is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines for Product usage including, but not limited to, regular maintenance & upkeep of the Product.
- Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee remains valid throughout its validity period.
What is not covered?
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturers, suppliers or repairer’s guarantee or warranty.
- Non-operating and cosmetic damage to the Product, such as damage to paintwork, Product finish, dents or scratches.
- Accessories used in or with the Product unless covered under a separate extended warranty service contract (for example, computer software, modem, scanner, printer and charger). Replacement of any consumable item or accessory. These include, but are not limited to, plugs, fuses, light bulbs, light covers, cables, filters, attachments, belts, toner, ribbons, drums, tapes or software, and add-on options incorporated in a Product for which the Service Contract was purchased.
- Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the Product.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, adjustments or alignments, overhaul, modification and de-scaling.
- Damage caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary and accident including earthquake, storm and or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, dust, water, negligence, fire, flood, lightning, malicious damage, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of God, animal or insect infestation or intrusion.
- Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current.